Take this quick test to assess just how much of a souvenir freak you are & if there is any hope left to become normal.
1. Do you collect magnets of every hill & dale you visit in each country? Yes/No
2. Do you collect souvenir spoons as a keepsake of countries you visit? Yes/No
3. Do you buy postcards to send friends & family but…like it way too much & keep it for yourself ? Yes/No
4. Do you collect foreign coins & postage stamps from every place & have a neat pile up you know not where to keep? Yes/No
5. Do you bring back a slice of sunshine via a photograph, or a bottle of sand, or collect shells & pebbles that have that amazzzzing shade you won’t find elsewhere? Yes/No
6. Have other people seen your ailment & started bringing back magnets & spoons as gifts for you from their travels? Yes/No
7. As you flip through books do you discover old tram, train, subway, concert tickets from Godknowswhere that serve as bookmarks? Yes/No
8. Do you preserve museum flyers, local maps as a token of sentiment? Yes/No
9. Do you have a pile up of mementos of every shape, colour & imagination? Yes/No
10. Do you write blog posts about souvenirs? Yes/No
Upto 3 Yes – You are a happily balanced tourist
Upto 6 Yes – You are a tourist tugging away from the rope of normalcy that is trying to detain you
Upto 8 Yes – You are a tourist who has broken free from the rope. In other words you are on the border of souveniritis
All 10 Yes – You are a tourist with a case of extreme souveniritis-outta-balancia. Get well soon!