Take this quick test to assess just how much of a souvenir freak you are & if there is any hope left to become normal.
1. Do you collect magnets of every hill & dale you visit in each country? Yes/No
2. Do you collect souvenir spoons as a keepsake of countries you visit? Yes/No
3. Do you buy postcards to send friends & family but…like it way too much & keep it for yourself ? Yes/No
4. Do you collect foreign coins & postage stamps from every place & have a neat pile up you know not where to keep? Yes/No
5. Do you bring back a slice of sunshine via a photograph, or a bottle of sand, or collect shells & pebbles that have that amazzzzing shade you won’t find elsewhere? Yes/No
6. Have other people seen your ailment & started bringing back magnets & spoons as gifts for you from their travels? Yes/No
7. As you flip through books do you discover old tram, train, subway, concert tickets from Godknowswhere that serve as bookmarks? Yes/No
8. Do you preserve museum flyers, local maps as a token of sentiment? Yes/No
9. Do you have a pile up of mementos of every shape, colour & imagination? Yes/No
10. Do you write blog posts about souvenirs? Yes/No
Upto 3 Yes – You are a happily balanced tourist
Upto 6 Yes – You are a tourist tugging away from the rope of normalcy that is trying to detain you
Upto 8 Yes – You are a tourist who has broken free from the rope. In other words you are on the border of souveniritis
All 10 Yes – You are a tourist with a case of extreme souveniritis-outta-balancia. Get well soon!
They were sweet black birds with yellow beaks against a sheer snowy white backdrop. I was seeing these birds for the first time & they were close in appearance to crows, but for their beaks. Found them interesting, as they calmly beheld tourists in the midst of the biting cold. And they had no problem being photographed either.
A bit of Google search indicates they are officially the Alpine Chough & are also known as the Yellow-Billed Chough.
Presenting the Happy Choughs of Jungfraujoch…
Rügen is Germany’s largest island located in the Baltic Sea.
Placid & picturesque with cobbled roads, the azure sea, chalky cliffs & brilliant scenery…
Rügen & Stralsund, which is not too far away make for a most memorable visit. Photos are from both places –
Sunlight on the Church at 9PM…
Eberbach Abbey, Germany…photos of this former monastery with a rich history & some beautiful architecture.
Read the history of Eberbach Abbey
Nature’s designs…destination Goa!
Goa in the morning – the open sea, mist, sunrise, seashells & tranquility…