Berlin, circa 2008…
What I enjoyed about this city –
– getting to see history at close quarters
– getting to actually see the remaining parts of the Berlin Wall
– the graffiti which captures the spirit of the city, carried in an earlier post Street Art
– being a part of the 200,000 odd crowd which thronged the Tiergarten to witness Barack Obama’s speech
– walking through the famous Brandenburger Tor
– staying in East Berlin at Prenzlauer Berg, über cool & youthful spirit, home to students & artists
– the sidewalk cafés of Prenzlauer Berg which served those amazing desserts
– getting to attend George Gershwin’s Porgy & Bess Opera…terrific
– art, history & culture blend in
– truly Berlin, truly enjoyable.
Hover over the image for a brief description of some of these pictures.